- 1/2 loaf day old bread, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2-1 cup golden raisins
- Tear bread slices into pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, cream cheese, and raisins - mix well.
- Turn mixture into a prepared baking dish and cover to refrigerate overnight, or for at least an hour prior to baking.
- When ready to bake: preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 35-45 minutes until fully set.
- Serve with syrup and fresh fruit if desired. Enjoy!!
Hints: This is a great recipe to prepare the night before for an easy breakfast the next day. Have a part of a loaf of bread that needs to be used up? Make good use of that bread! No vanilla sugar? Regular sugar works well too! The added bonus is how delicious the house will smell as this is baking. Enjoy!