- 1 pound kielbasa, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cans (15.5 oz) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tart apple, cored and diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 4 large green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 TBS cider vinegar
- 1 TBS spicy mustard
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- Brown kielbasa in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain on a paper towel, and set aside.
- Combine in a mixing bowl: black-eyed peas, diced apple, green pepper, green onions, and kielbasa.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a cup or small bowl: Whisk together vegetable oil, cider vinegar, spicy mustard, sugar, and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients, stir lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight - prior to serving.
Hint: Next time you shop for groceries, grab a bag of frozen diced green peppers to have on hand *just in case*. Even better, if you find a good sale on fresh green peppers - buy several to prep and freeze when you get them home. This salad is a great meal for hot nights when no one wants to heat up the kitchen. Enjoy!!