- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lemon peel strips (about 6 lemons)
- 3 cups lemon juice (approximately 14 lemons)
- 1 liter bottle of club soda, chilled
- Over medium heat, in a large saucepan - heat sugar and water until sugar is completely dissolved. Stir frequently.
- Gradually stir in lemon strips. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and cool liquid.
- Add lemon juice, cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Remove lemon strips and combine chilled liquid mixture with chilled club soda.
Hint: Slowly stir lemon mixture into club soda, or it will bubble over quickly. If you don't mind pulp in your lemonade - freshly squeezed lemons are best. (My kids have texture issues and won't drink "fuzzy" drinks.) Add some frozen strawberries for a little extra pop - or - my favorite, maraschino cherries. Enjoy!!