Monday, May 7, 2012

Home Fried Pickles

Mmmmmm, fried pickles.
Not everybody likes them.
In our house only 3 of the 5 people living here, actually
admit to liking them.
I, am in the group that does like them.
I like them very much!
A while back, someone suggested I make my own.
I've seen them made on TV.
I've ordered them from restaurants and bought them
from food service stores...but until tonight -
I had never successfully made them.
But tonight - SUCCESS!!
I even got my husband to try and enjoy my version of fried pickles.
Here's what I did:
Ingredients:
thinly sliced pickles, or pickle chips
1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning blend
oil for frying
*ranch dressing for dipping*
Directions:
  1. Cut pickles into bite size pieces if not using dill chips. Once pickles are bite size, remove from brine and separate so that each piece can be dredged individually.
  2. Combine AP flour, cornmeal, and cajun seasoning in a shallow dish.
  3. Use a fork to dredge each pickle bite in the seasoned flour mix.
  4. Heat oil to desired temperature, and drop covered pickles into hot oil one at a time - not overcrowding the oil.
  5. Deep fry the pickle bites 1-2 minutes. Browning will occur in the frying process.
  6. Remove deep fried pickles from the hot oil, and drain on a paper towel.
  7. Serve with buttermilk dressing for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment