- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 lb pork sausage
- 8 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split & toasted
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1-2 ripe avocados, peeled & sliced
- optional mayo or mustard
- Combine in a large mixing bowl: green chilies, ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, ground beef, and pork sausage. Mix well.
- Shape into hamburger patties.
- Grill on a preheated grill, covered - over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. Internal meat temperature should reach 160 degrees F.
- After cooking both sides of each hamburger, top burgers with 1 slice of Pepper Jack cheese. Cook uncovered for an additional 2 minutes so cheese can melt.
- Serve on toasted buns with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and your choice of mayo or mustard.
This recipe is being shared on What's New Wednesday (5) over at Grateful Belly - AND - Whimsy Wednesdays over at The NY Melrose Family, go see what everyone else is sharing!!