- 1 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pizza crust (home made or store bought)
- 1 cup diced, cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) slice ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- (Making the pesto.) In a blender: combine the cilantro, parsley, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, and garlic cloves. Cover and blend well. Once fully processed, add olive oil in a steady stream while continuing to blend.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place pizza crust on prepared baking sheet. Top pizza crust with about pesto, spreading with the back of a spoon.
- Next, sprinkle with chicken, tomatoes, olives, and cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 12-15 minutes - or until cheese is melted.
Hint: The original recipe called for flour tortillas as the crust - that is my favorite pizza crust! We had been traveling all day and I didn't realize we didn't have any tortillas. Apparently our oldest thinks flour tortillas make great late night snacks...Any whoo... In 15 minutes I prepared a home made crust (recipe to follow). Being flexible in the kitchen can be very rewarding! Another way to save time would be to substitute prepared pesto sauce - instead of making it from scratch. Enjoy!!
I'm sharing this recipe at A Little Nosh for the Tastetastic Thursday 4/19 party - go see what other great ideas are being shared!!