1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 (6 oz) can crab meat, drained & flaked
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
4 TBS butter, divided
1 large white onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained
1 tsp garlic powder
3/4 hot sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or colby blend)
1 cup butter crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Gather all needed ingredients and utensils.
- Combine the cream cheese with 2 TBS of butter in a small sauce pan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- In a separate large skillet: saute onion, celery, and green pepper in 2 TBS butter until tender.
- Add the smooth cream cheese mix to the sauteed vegetables in the large skillet, mixing well. Add shrimp, crab meat, cream of mushroom soup, drained mushrooms, garlic powder, hot sauce, cayenne, and cooked rice. Mix well.
- Transfer combined ingredients to a prepared (use cooking spray) baking dish.
- Mix crushed butter crackers with shredded cheese. Cover the mixture in the baking dish with the crushed cracker and cheese blend.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until center reaches 165 degrees F.
- (Best served hot.)
*Also linked up to Food on Friday over at Carole's Chatter - go check it out!!*