- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb sliced, frozen pepper mix (stir-fry blend)
- 1 (16 oz) jar green salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fired roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- shredded mexi-blend cheese, for garnish
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a crock-pot combine: chicken thighs, pepper mix, green salsa, beans, tomatoes, cumin and salt.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours, or on high 4-5 hours - stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with shredded mexi-blend cheese and chopped green onions if desired.
Hint: I have to confess that this meal was cooked today quite simply because I ran out of energy. At 10 in the morning. Because I knew I would have a hungry husband and teenagers come dinnertime, I decided to throw this in the crock after lunchtime today. We added crackers and drank cold milk. Chili beans or kidney beans, or even black beans could be substituted for the white kidney beans - and your choice of red salsa could be subbed for the green salsa. Plus, the house smells wonderful as it gets closer to dinnertime...if you like the smell of chili cooking! Good thing we do :) Enjoy!!
I'm so excited to share this recipe over at Lil House on the Prairie Living's ...Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange this week!! Last week the Mexi-Stuffed Shells recipe made it this week's featured recipe - go see what other great recipes are being shared!!