Monday, August 19, 2013

Coca-Cola Roast

 photo 2013-08-18173901.jpg

Ingredients:

  • 1 small beef roast
  • 1/2 large white onion, sliced
  • 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 1 20 oz cola soft drink **not diet**
Directions:

  • Combine all ingredients in the order listed above into medium or large crock-pot.
  • Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
  • Enjoy!


 photo 2013-08-18174825.jpg

This recipe has surprised my sons.  The last time I made roast using this recipe, my second son walked into the kitchen as I was pouring the soft drink into the crock-pot and was totally confused by my actions.

However, when he tasted the end results - he was quite pleased!

For dinner we added home fries (oven baked, seasoned sliced potatoes), steamed brussel sprouts, and stuffing.

Best meal this week in our house!

**Hints:  A single can of soda isn't really enough, unless you are preparing a small roast.  I bought the 20 ounce bottle because it is the right size and we don't keep this kind of soft drink in our pantry.  This recipe is a little sweeter, so if you prefer a more savory roast beef...use less soft drink and substitute either water or beef broth for the removed liquid.  Get the family involved!  This recipe is so easy....even my children can make it!  Enjoy!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment