Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Corned Beef & Cabbage

Corned beef is one of my favorite foods. This recipe I found a few years back and have used it faithfully whenever I want to cook this meal for my family. I cook it in my crock-pot even though it was originally written to be cooked on the stove top in a stock pot.

I hope your family enjoys this as much as we do! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!



Ingredients:

3 small onions, cut in wedges
1 lb. baby carrots
3 lb. corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
1/2 c. vinegar (malt is best, I use white)
1/2 c. Irish stout
1 lb. small red potatoes
1 medium cabbage, cut into wedges
*water*

* Layer ingredients into crock-pot with the carrots, onions, and potatoes on the bottom. Corned beef next, and cabbage wedges on top.

* Add vinegar and stout with seasoning packet.

* Add enough water to crock-pot to just cover corned beef. (Cabbage will not be covered in liquid.)

* Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve with rolls and dijon mustard. Enjoy!

Hint: Looking for something to do with the leftovers? Try these Reuben Quesadillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment