1 (16 oz) bag frozen sliced peaches
2 (5.6 oz) containers fresh blackberries, cleaned and dry
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 TBS cornstarch
1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar
6 TBS butter, cut into small pieces
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a square baking dish with cooking spray.
* Combine peaches, blackberries, lemon peel, 1/3 cup brown sugar and cornstarch in a bowl and mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
* Using a food processor, first combine AP flour, almonds, salt, 1/2 cup brown sugar using the pulse setting. Next add butter pieces and continue to pulse until the consistency of the mixed ingredients has become chunky.
* Top the fruit mixture in the baking dish with the crumble mixture from the food processor.
* Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
* Let cool for a minimum of 10 minutes before serving.
* To score big, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yummm!
Disclaimer: Apparently today is the day I couldn't read a recipe to save my life. 3 different times I messed this dish up and was sure it would be inedible. The dish was quite tasty, but I give you fair warning so you can learn from my mistakes....read the recipe, read it again, and then read it one more time. It can't hurt! Happy cooking!!