1 1/2 lbs chicken breast tenders
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
2 TBS cornstarch
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 TBS vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 cup roasted peanuts
5-6 green onions, diced
* In a large zipper bag, cover chicken breast tenders with teriyaki sauce. Add to the bag cornstarch, red pepper flakes, ginger to marinate prior to cooking. 30 minutes - 4 hours in the refrigerator.
* Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside while cooking the chicken.
* Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet or wok over medium heat, empty chicken and marinade into hot skillet and cook 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
* Add 1/2 cup water to the skillet or wok, stirring until the sauce begins to thicken.
* Add drained prepared rice noodles to skillet or wok, and remove from heat. Stir gently until well combined.
* Stir peanuts and green onions into the chicken and noodle mixture right before serving.
Hints: I use kitchen shears to cut the rice noodles before I soak them. Makes them a little more manageable for me. Don't like rice noodles? Or have rice noodles? Serve over regular rice or angel hair spaghetti noodles. If your family likes milder dishes, decrease the amount of red pepper added. Enjoy!