Saturday, February 4, 2012
Chicken Con Queso Pizza
We are trying different recipes at our house this month. Breaking out of our rut so to speak...
Tonight we made pizza. Pizza? Yes, pizza.
We make pizza here usually about once a week.
Tonight however, we made pizza with Queso in place of the traditional pizza sauce.
And it was good! Really, really GOOD!!
Besides the Queso, the other *secret* ingredient in our pantry tonight was Southwestern Seasoning. Personally, I am a fan of the Pampered Chef bled. It's awesome! But I haven't placed a Pampered Chef order for over a year...and lucky for me look what McCormick is making now and selling at my local grocery store - Southwest Seasoning. Woohoo!!
Now let's talk pizza:
1 pizza crust, (we used a homemade crust tonight, I like the ones you can buy in the refrigerator section of the grocery store too)
1 cup Queso dip
1 (13 oz) can chicken breast, drained
1 small red pepper, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
1/2 small red onion, diced
2 TBS Southwestern Seasoning
1/2 cup bacon crumbles
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
* Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare pizza crust according to recipe or package directions.
* Combine chicken breast, red pepper, green pepper, red onion, and Southwestern Seasoning in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
* Spread Queso dip over pizza crust.
* Top Queso with chicken and vegetable mixture.
* Add bacon crumbles to top of chicken and vegetables.
* Cover pizza top with shredded Mexican cheese blend.
* Bake for 17-20 minutes at 450 degrees F, or until crust has browned and cheese is golden brown.