Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ground Beef Goulash

Ingredients:


3 cups dry macaroni, cooked & drained
1 1/2 lbs ground beef, browned & drained
2 cans stewed tomatoes (diced tomatoes...whatever is in the cabinet)


* Brown the ground beef, drain.

* Add tomatoes to ground beef and simmer on low while macaroni cooks.

* Bring large pot of water with 1 tsp salt and 1 TBS olive oil to a boil, add macaroni noodles and cook for 8 minutes.

* Drain macaroni, combine with ground beef and tomatoes in large pot.



My 14 year old cooked this for our dinner on Thursday night. He did an excellent job!! I know it is not the traditional Goulash recipe - but this was what my mom cooked and called Goulash in our house growing up. Instead of tomatoes from the store, we always used the quart sized home canned tomatoes from my grandmother's garden. A simple, yet very satisfying dish that reminds me of the good times I had with my mom growing up. Definitely, definitely comfort food!

No comments:

Post a Comment