Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Triple Berry Waffles & Pork Sausage & Fresh Fruit

Breakfast is NOT my favorite meal to prepare. Unless we're talking coffee...but coffee isn't sufficient (or so I'm told).

So I occasionally go the easy route and utilize a muffin mix for a waffle mix.

This is a great way to start the day!

The plus for our family is that no syrup is needed when using the muffin mixes so the carb count is greatly reduced...while insuring that enough carbs are available to fuel up until lunchtime. This is very important!



Here's what we did -

Combine:

1 triple berry muffin mix
1 Tbs flour (I would add a lil more)
1 egg
2 Tbs oil
2/3 cup water (I would decrease to 1/2 next time)


*Mix ingredients with a wisk.
*Allow to rest for approximately 5 minutes.
*Cook in waffle press - YUMMMM!

We added a side of fresh fruit and pork sausage. Include a glass of cold low-fat milk and the day is off to a wonderful start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment