My kids love brussel sprouts! Their favorite is oven roasted with olive oil and salt and pepper. I stumbled onto a different recipe that included apples and onions and knew that we should try it at our house.
Big, big hit!
- 1 lb. frozen brussel sprouts
- 1 red skinned apples, cored and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 TBS butter or margarine
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 TBS apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat butter in deep skillet until just melted.
- Add to skillet: brussel sprouts, diced apples, diced onion, thyme. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes until vegetables begin to soften over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and add apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper to skillet and simmer an additional 10 minutes, stirring frequently.