- cocktail croissants
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1 med. tomato - sliced
- 1/2 red onion - sliced
- American cheese slices
- bacon strips - fully cooked
- deli ham slices
- hard-boiled eggs (1 per person)
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish sauce and basil.
- Split the croissants. Spread a small amount of sauce on 1/2 the split croissant.
- Layer cheese, vegetables, meats, and slices of hard-boiled egg.
Hint: This was a simple and satisfying meal for my family after a long day of school and appointments. The guys were thrilled to pair their *mini* sandwiches with fresh blueberries and strawberries instead of potato chips. The original plan was to purchase regular size croissants for these sandwiches - but the local grocer had a box of cocktail croissants for the same price as 6 regular size croissants. They were easy to hand and look like more food than we actually ate. Definitely going to buy these *minis* again!
This recipe is linked up over at