1 (15 0z) can black beans, drained & rinsed
2 (5 oz) cans of tuna in water, drained
1/2 white onion, diced
1/2 tsp dry dill
2 dashes of hot sauce
1/2-1 cup of shredded colby-jack cheese
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
*sliced rye bread*
*butter or margarine*
* Combine rinsed black beans, drained tuna, diced onion, dry dill, hot sauce, shredded cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt & pepper in a mixing bowl with a fork.
* Heat griddle or grill to medium heat, and prepare sliced rye bread with butter or margarine for grilling.
* Place one slice of rye bread, butter side down, on griddle.
* Top with tuna mixture.
* Cover with a second slice of rye bread, butter side up.
* Cook on both sides until golden brown, about a minute on each side.
Hint: My husband and one of my sons added an additional slice of American cheese on to their sandwiches as I was loading our griddle. Big success at our house! A great alternative to traditional salad dressing with salad dressing or mayo.