Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Italian Stew Beef

Photobucket

Back in the day, before my husband retired, I had a daycare in my home. I found that using the crock-pot to cook dinner was perhaps the best thing I could do to preserve my sanity, save my family money, and de-stress our home after a long day of work and school.

That line of thinking has definitely carried over into our retired life!

This morning when it was time to start our day, I was very happy to see on our menu plan that this dish was for dinner. Easy. Easy. Easy.

My husband likes it because it is BEEF. My kids like it because it is tender. I like it because of the flavor added by the Italian dressing. Win. Win. Win.


Ingredients:

1/2 bottle of Italian dressing, (the oil & vinegar type...not the creamy)
1 package of stew beef

Put in crock-pot on low in the morning to have ready at dinnertime after the kids get home from school or start on high at lunchtime.

Excellent with hot buttered noodles or rice or mashed potatoes. *We will be have roasted brussel sprouts and rice at our house*


No comments:

Post a Comment