Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bringing in 2012

The last day of 2011, happened to also be my 38th birthday. After spending a couple of weeks in the house with the kids home for Christmas vacation, we decided to head out to our local Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Oh. My. Goodness. I love breakfast from Cracker Barrel!



While my kids enjoyed pancakes and my husband enjoyed the Southwestern Sausage and Hash - I indulged in this HUGE plate full of home fries, scrambled eggs, veggies, and cheese with a portion of spicy salsa on the side. Definitely a great way to start my 38th year!!

Strangely enough, dinner that night was the one meal we didn't plan for on our menu calendar. Whoops!! We typically stay home on New Years Eve night, and this year was no different. We opted to pick up a Bacon Caesar Salad mix, frozen Braised Beef and Tortellini meal, and Garlic Bread from the grocery store and prepared it at home.

Honestly, the pasta and beef dish was not my favorite but my husband and kids *LOVED* it. I call that a success!!


Then on Sunday I had Jon put some pork steaks in the crock-pot with a can of sauerkraut. That cooked all day and then we made black-eyed peas, greens, and cornbread to serve with our pork-n-kraut. This was a delicious meal!! And so easy to prepare!!




Here's to a new year and lots of good eating!! May your home and family and circle of friends be blessed as we approach this new year!










No comments:

Post a Comment