Saturday, December 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookie Recipe

Sometimes at Christmas, I am fortunate enough to have someone bake goodies and bring them to me and my boys. Last year my friend Stephanie made us this awesome plate full of yummy goodness...




...And we ate it all! Lucky for me she included of a sampling of her homemade candy, Fat Biscuits, and Peanut Brittle. There is no packaged Brittle that even comes close to homemade Peanut Brittle!!




Now being completely honest, I'm not a fan of baking cookies. Dunking and dipping cookies - Yes! That is more my speed. Santa has come to our house many times to find Nutter Butter cookies dipped in chocolate and sprinkles. (With an extra LARGE glass of skim milk to wash those super rich cookies down!!)



But, because my sons and my husband like cookies and having the oven on in use keeps the kitchen warm....I learned to cook these delightful Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. Easy, easy, easy even for a non-cookie bake such as myself.



Ingredients:



1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
40 chocolate kiss candies, unwrapped

- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.

- Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.



- Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk.


- Add the flour mixture; mix well.



- Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased baking sheet.


- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes.



- Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss into each ball.



- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment